So here's a funny story--although I didn't think it was that funny AT ALL at the time.
I get this phone call from my academic advisor from BYU who knows me fairly well since I went in to see her many times to make sure I had the classes I needed and completed what was required for graduation. I might have over-done my visiting rights. Anyway, I tried to be so careful as to not let anything slip by unnoticed. So the following was the conversation I had with my advisor Gail after she verified who I was:
Gail: "We have here that you walked in the Apr graduation"
Tena: "Yes"
Gail: "We never received a grade from your ballroom class that you took this last semester, and I can't clear you for graduation until I receive a grade. Do you know why you didn't get a grade?"
Tena: (frantic) "I have no idea why she didn't give me a grade--I did everything I was asked to do for that class. There's not much I can do about it now because I'm now living in WA."
Gail: "Could you email the teacher and ask her to submit your grade so I can clear you?"
Tena: "Yes, of course . . . but I didn't need this class to graduate--it was just for fun. Does that still matter?"
Gail: "You're right. It doesn't look like you needed that credit but just give her a call or email so you don't end up without a final grade on your transcript."
Tena: "Okay"
I was still frantic because Gail thought it would be okay, but she wasn't sure. I emailed my teacher, called her office phone, and called her home phone. I never got a hold of her, she still hasn't responded back, and called Gail back a few hours later.
Tena: "I haven't been able to get a hold of my teacher"
Gail: "Oh, I'm sorry, I was going to call you back and let you know not to worry about it. I was able to clear you for graduation."
Tena: (sigh of relief)
It wasn't until TODAY that I truly was relieved because I received my diploma in the mail. IT IS NOW OFFICIAL--I AM A BYU GRADUATE!
P.S. I still don't know what grade I would have received from my ballroom class--oh well.
1 comment:
from mom and dad...
Interesting story. We're glad you've got your diploma!
Love,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment