There has been so much stuff to do and blog about lately that I failed to make mention of one of my favorite weekends. It was a few weeks ago now, but Joe's parents came to visit us, and we did lots of fun things. I actually made dinner a few times, Joe helped me make the birthday cake I planned on making for him before it was interrupted by Hurricane Ike . . .
(It took so long to make this cake that I told everyone to lie to me if it wasn't good. Don't worry, they didn't have to lie at least that's what I tell myself--I thought it was sooooooooo good!)
(It took so long to make this cake that I told everyone to lie to me if it wasn't good. Don't worry, they didn't have to lie at least that's what I tell myself--I thought it was sooooooooo good!). . . Joe and his Dad went to the BYU game, we went to the zoo, and just had a fun time spending time together. Here are some of the pictures I took. You can also find more pictures and details about their trip by clicking here.
On our way to Fort Worth/Dallas area:
Statue of Sam Houston
Sad game for BYU
On our way to Houston:
Downtown Houston
Houston Zoo
The Bird House
The giraffe licking Dad's head (not really, but I thought it was funny).
Brooklyn in the bald eagle's nest.
Brooklyn standing next to ? (a warthog maybe)--I just thought it was cute.We know how to have fun here so come visit us anytime. The weather's great right now--no snow, mid 70's. Doesn't that sound nice to those of you who are freezing in WA, ID, and UT? Those living in a nice warm places are still welcome to come visit also.
6 comments:
I actually MISS the snow! I get all sorts of excited when I get to see it...
Love the pictures! It was fun to re-visit our visit through your post. It couldn't have been a better visit...we loved it. Well, except for the BYU game. Go Utes--well, at least until BYU plays this coming Saturday.
Love, Dad
What a fun blog. It brought back a lot of fun memories. We sure enjoyed the weekend. And Joe's birthday cake was delicious. I love you all.
Love, Mom
I'm trying to talk Jamo into a visit for sometime next fall or so- keep your schedule open!!
Brooklyn is so cute! She's getting so big! Did I tell you we might be coming down to Texas for Law School? Seth is applying there, but we won't find out till the spring if he got in. The zoo looks fun. Love ya!
Natalie
Tena, thanks for the email.. if you ever want out of Houston and need a place to go we would love to have you in Dallas! Michelle
Post a Comment