Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Moving Forward

Brooklyn's pretty playful and active. She loves to sit up by herself and walk while she's holding onto someone's hands. Yes, that's right, she can walk (with help). I don't have a video of that yet, but I will. I was afraid that since she liked to sit up she didn't want to spend anymore time on her tummy. And since walking is much faster and more fun to her to be up high than crawling, I was beginning to think that she was going to skip the whole crawling stage. I'd still try, but she only managed to push herself backward, side-ways, and in a circle--just about any direction but forward and where she wanted. This was getting pretty frustrating for her. This first video shows you what I was describing.



She finally figured out how to crawl forward last night! I think her help and inspiration came from her younger cousin Reagan. We went to visit my brother Tony and his family one last time before we left Washington to move to Houston, and Reagan worked so hard to get up on her knees and lunge forward. Since then, Brooklyn has been trying to do the same thing. She is such a watch and learn kind of a girl. Here is a video of her crawling forward this morning. I thought it might take me a few days to get a video of her crawling, but I think she's got is down, and she hasn't stopped moving since (and when she moves, she really moves). Needless to say, today has been a much busier day!



It's not too hard to baby proof our house right now because we don't have of our stuff; we're still waiting for our moving truck to get here. But then again, the computer is on the floor and all these buttons are fun for Brooklyn to push (we'll have to get creative for now).

8 comments:

Tom & Debbie said...

Cute! Cute! Get her some short pants so nothing gets in the way and look out! Miss you all! So glad to see her again! Hope all is going great! Love MOM oxoxoxox

*Aliese* said...

Oh my goodness! She's cruisin'! I love it when babies realize they're actually mobile creatures.

djones said...

Yup, I think she's got it! I was thinking that her outfit kept her from making any forward progress but then she took that first little move forward and then the next. For fun!

Love,
Dad

djones said...

Thanks for the videos. That was fun.
Love you. Mom

Justin said...

Watch out once they start moving. That's when they really start getting into trouble.

Good to talk to you guys today. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

We just had to watch the cute videos again. Megan thinks Brooklyn is adorable. We love you all.
Love, Mom and Darling Megan

Anonymous said...

Megan says," Grandma paints my toes really good". uiljt
Love, megan

Yvonne said...

That is so awesome Brooklyn is crawling! Mason is going to get their soon - he's doing the scooting backwards and pulling himself in a circle while on his stomach - he's even pushing up on his feet when he's on his stomach, so we are really close!