Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley Passes Away

While talking with my parents last night, we were informed that President Gordon B. Hinckley (age 97) passed away yesterday (Sun. 28th Jan) around 7pm. I have not read anything that explains exactly how he died but here are 4 websites that have lots to say about the legacy he left behind.

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/
news-releases-stories/beloved-church-
president-gordon-b-hinckley-dies-at-97
http://www.sltrib.com/
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/01/28/
gordon.hinckley.obit.cnn?iref=videosearch
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/27/obit.hinckley/
index.html?iref=newssearch

I am grateful to know that the work President Hinckley did while serving as the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was the work of the Lord. He was a man called by God to be His Prophet and mouthpiece on the earth but has now been called back Home and another will be called to take his place. It saddens me that President Hinckley is gone, but it also makes me happy to know that not only has he been reunited with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, but he has also been reunited with his lovely wife who passed away back in 2004. May all of us (people of all faiths) be able to enjoy what President Gordon B. Hinckley left behind! I wish I had the time to tell you all the wonderful things he did in his life. The websites I listed above tell a lot about not only what he did for the Church but what he did for people all over the world so please take a few minutes to get to know what this great man did for us.

No comments: