Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Learning Experiences

I went to the doctor on Tues, and he said that everything is looking good! I also had a presentation to do for one of my classes that evening. I worked on it for about an hour Tues afternoon, our computer decided to freeze up on us, and I lost everything I had just worked on because I forgot to save it. Anyway, I panicked and frantically through it back together. I was a bit late for my class, but it went alright. This is typically how the first half of the week goes at least for me--extremely busy Mon-Wed and then slow down on Thurs-Fri. We also had our first prenatal class at the hospital Tues evening. It was a good review for me (a lot of the same stuff that I had learned from my Women's Health Issue class) and a good eye opener for Joe.

Wed for Halloween, our ward had a Halloween dinner with a chili and cornbread cook-off. It was fun to get together and see the costume themes of some of the families.

Joe got invited to go watch the first home game of the Jazz (he is the biggest Jazz fan you will ever meet--I'll see if I can get him to write and tell you all about it). The game was a lot of fun despite the loss. My friend and I bought a couple tickets and sat on the very top row. It's amazing how loud the arena can get with fireworks, balloons being popped and artificial noisemakers being used by all the fans. We enjoyed the first half and spent some of our time looking for better seats. After one half of scouting out the entire arena we embarked on our journey to get seats on the 10th row. To make a long story short - the second half was a lot more intense than the first half.

Joe felt kind of sad that he was leaving me all alone that night so he cleaned the house and bought me some roses. Isn't he the sweetest thing ever? He's so thoughtful!



Don't feel too sad for me because I was left alone because while Joe was at the game, I got to spend some time shopping! Next Fri night (9th Nov), I will be competing the Foxtrot here at BYU's DanceSport. I didn't think I was going to be able to because everyone I knew had a partner or didn't want to compete for some reason or another. I finally found a partner that was willing to dance with a pregnant lady so of course, I had to go shopping for an outfit to wear. It's nice that the style of the day are suitable for pregnant women, so I found a nice shirt and jewelery to match.

When I finally came home from my little shopping spree, I went into the bedroom and spotted another rose next to the side of the bed. I then went into the living room and saw 5 more roses on the entertainment center and turned around and saw 3 more on the bookshelf! He had bought me a dozen roses and filled all my vases! This definitely made my night and was more fun finding these surprises around the house than it was shopping.


Most of Sat, we spent babysitting 7 month old McKenzie (a niece on Joe's side of the family) while her parents went to the BYU football game. It was an eye opener for how much time a little one takes up. I'm sure glad that I will be done with all of my class work before our little girl comes because I didn't get as much homework done as I planned on while babysitting. She really wasn't too fussy at all, but she wore us right out.

Also, feeding a baby is a bit different than feeding elderly people. I volunteer at a nursing home and sometimes help them feed the residents breakfast. The elderly people will tell you what they want and when they want it but with a baby you have to feed them what you can as quickly as you can before they lose interest or fall asleep. That was my experience with McKenzie anyway. Another thing that I learned from McKenzie was to make sure her mouth was clean of any food before she started to cry (she realized it wasn't mom or dad who was feeding her). She spit her oatmeal cereal all over my face and spotted my glasses. It was kind of funny.

Here is a picture of my cute nieces in their Halloween costumes that their mom made. Aren't these the cutest little ducks you've ever seen?

3 comments:

Sue said...

Ahhh--Joe & Mckenzie are so cute! Sounds like you guys are getting ready for the big day. It'll be here before you know it! Tena, I can't remember if I told you, but I really like your hair.

Smelly Moose said...

Holy cow, those duck outfits are ADORABLE! That was SO sweet of Joe to give you roses!! Glad things are going well!

Anonymous said...

Joe! That was absolutely the most perfect gift you could have given!! I know it seems so silly to men (cleaning the house as a gift) but you know; it takes SO much weight off!! And the roses...you definitely go the extra mile! Tena's a lucky lady!