Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Brooklyn!

It was Brooklyn's birthday last Sat (Dec 5th), and I know the Grandparents especially have been waiting anxiously for me to put up some pictures and videos of her birthday. Here are some pictures to tie you over for a little while until I get the videos downloaded.

Decorated the night before--it felt like Christmas. We thought it would be fun to decorate the tree with streamers so it could be part of the birthday theme.

She loves her bike and can almost reach the pedals all the way around. Just one more inch and few degrees warmer, and we'll be ready to take it outside.

For those of you who don't know this character, her name is Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. It wasn't easy to get Brooklyn to help me decide what she wanted for her birthday, but I think it was a big hit. My sister-in-law, Kamee, helped me make her skirt to match Abby. She loved it (at least for a few hours).
I'd love to say that I made this cake, but I only had the idea and baked the cake underneath. I went to my friend Claudia's house to use her cake decorating stuff and get a few pointers. She helped me get started with it and before I knew it poof, it was done. Thanks Claudia for all your help! It turned out great, and Brooklyn eventually recognized who it was. Everyone else loved it too.
Pin the wand on Abby was a bigger hit than I thought. Brooklyn didn't go for the whole blindfold thing. The 3 older kids are the kids I nanny and then a couple families from our church came to celebrate with us (thanks for coming and for the gifts I told you not to bring--she loves them all).

She had a blast sitting at that little table with her friends. She now understands what the word "Birthday" means...CAKE and opening boxes! I told her my birthday was next week and the first thing she said was cake (even though I think she only took a bite or two of hers and didn't even touch the frosting). I also had a package come from my mom yesterday. I knew it was wrapped so I opened the box and the first thing she wanted to do was rip the paper off and open it. It didn't take long for her to catch on. She's going to really like Christmas! She'll just have to learn that not all gifts are her gifts.

8 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

So cute! How are you guys doing? We need to do something together again! Are you going anywhere for Christmas or are you staying around Houston?

Laura said...

Happy birthday Brooklyn. I think that you did a great job with coming up with the theme. The cake was great too. I am way impressed.

Black Family said...

Oh my goodness....she is so grown up and sooo cute! We went back to Othello and saw your parents....it was so good to see them...such wonderful people they are...you are so lucky! Hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Brooklyn! And Tena, thanks so much for remembering mine. That was so nice to get your email. I'm so glad to see you guys are doing well.

Dawn said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun!! Brooklyn looks so grown up with all of her hair and it looks blonder than last time we saw her. We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

Sue said...

fun...i can't believe how big she's getting!

Anonymous said...

That was really fun to read about Brooklyn's birthday. She's really looking like a big girl. The party looked and sounded fun. We're looking forward to seeing the videos.
Love you lots.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Claudia said...

the cake turn out nice.( not bad for being sick) :)
Brooklyn looks cute!