Joe and I have had some interesting looks from people over our 3 years of marriage. From people thinking we look like brother and sister (then finding out we're married) to people thinking we're fresh college students (then finding out we've both graduated from college AND have a baby). As if that isn't enough to let us know that we look young, here's what happens when we're apart from each other.
I took a lady and her son to the pediatrician for his check up because she didn't have a car. While the nurse was asking questions about her son, she commented on his beautiful eye color. My friend mentioned that her daughter's eyes are very similar. The nurse turns to her and asks, "Is this your daughter?" (pointing at ME!) My friend is 10 years older than me, but she doesn't look it. And she most certainly does NOT look like she's old enough to be my mother unless I look like I'm 16!
A few Sundays ago, Joe was waiting for Sunday School class to begin when a member of the Young Men's Presidency approached and informed him that he was supposed to attend the young men's class, not the adults. Confused, Joe asked for an explanation. Apparently at the last Presidency meeting the leaders noticed that my records indicated that Joe was literally in the Teacher's quorum. Joe immediately thought there was some kind of mistake because he is the instructor for that group on Sundays. Nope - according to the records Joe is 15 years old again (we're in the process of making sure that all our records are accurate).
Are we even legal to be married? We enjoy being young and plan on staying and looking young for a long time.

7 comments:
Thats funny. Dale told about Joe being a teacher in more ways than one. They all got a good laugh about it.
ha ha! My dad has the same problem! When he was in med school and had FOUR kids already, he had to grow out a beard so clients would trust him as an adult when he went in on his different shifts. Good to know he's not alone. :) And I guess the problem could always be worse- they could think you were a lot older than you really are too! Good post!
That's fabulous; and don't worry, that happens to Darrin and me CONSTANTLY. I get mistaken for a student (I teach 7th grade) on a weekly basis.
Hee hee, that's so funny :) I ran into a friend once (who is a few years YOUNGER than me) and the friend that was with her thought I was one of her 'young women'. Cracked me up :) People have a hard time believing I've been married 7 years and have 4 kids. I feel like I'm starting to look OLD though!! Darn crows feet! You guys DO look young though :) Hope it lasts until you're 80!
Those are funny stories. Some day you will look back and wish you looked young. Trust us, we wish it all the time.
Love you, Dad and Mom
That's funny. Just think you guys will still be lookin young when everybody else is lookin really old :)
Nat
I love your wedding picture Tena!
Its a good thing to look young! believe me! :)
Claudia
Post a Comment