Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fun Day

I know I still have to post about our many fun events last week during spring break, but I don't have that much time right now so I will tell you about today. The morning seemed to go by so fast, but we eventually all got ready for our little adventure to Miller Outdoor Theatre. We thought it might rain but decided to take a chance, and it was a fabulous day! The performance was done by the Houston Metropolitan Dance Company. We had a little picnic on the grass while we watched the dancing. It was mostly fun to see Brooklyn's reaction to the music and dancing. I think she really enjoyed it (at least she clapped at the end of every number). She was a really good sport since this was during her normal napping time.

After the performance was over, we walked around the park for a bit. We were afraid the rain was going to hit any minute since we were starting to feel a few drops (and when it rains here, it pours so you better watch out). It rained for a little bit on our drive home. Brooklyn finally fell asleep in the car, we dropped Joe off at work, and then home.

Us girls took advantage of having the car since we normally don't in the afternoons and went SHOPPING (and I don't mean for groceries)! I was determined to get a little something for me and something for Brooklyn. We were successful, and I think she had a great time.

5 comments:

djones said...

Fun post! Sounds like a wonderful outing. Now I'm curious about the shopping. Hmmmm. We love you lots and lots.

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Shopping with the girls is a good thing. I'm glad you found something for both of you. I love both of you.
Love, Mom

Claudia said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the Miller theater.
and you did great shopping too! I love Brooklyn's shirt.
Claudia

Kelly said...

Hey Joe,

Found the muskrat face picture the other day. Looks like your life is great!

Seth said...

Sounds like a blast! I love dance concerts too.

Nat