Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Series of Events

BATMAN BEGINS

It's never too early to start celebrating the holidays. The movie "Batman Begins" was actually the first movie that Joe took me to go see (this was our 2nd date) so it has some sentimental value to it. Joe drew the outline of the bat on the pumpkin, and I cut it out. I'd have to say that we make a pretty good team. We liked how it turned out. Hopefully it will last another couple weeks so we can put it out for the trick or treaters to enjoy.

We are still trying to come up with ideas for our other pumpkin. Pumpkin carving is one of my favorite things to do for Halloween and is now becoming one of Joe's.

These were our pumpkins from last year (our first Halloween together). A bit traditional, but it was Joe's first time ever carving a pumpkin.



Those of you who know me at all know that I love to dance. And even though I'm now 29 weeks pregnant, I can still dance. Some of you have never seen me dance, so I thought you might enjoy this little video. All the BYU dance classes had a competition against each other on Thurs. the 11th. My partner and I were not flawless, but we did make it to the 2nd round out of 5 and had a fun time.

I failed to take any pictures at the Canada Toronto West Mission reunions that we attending over General Conference weekend (Fri. the 5th), but it was good to see President and Sister Ashton who just returned home as well as President and Sister Sybrowski. They all still have that missionary spirit with them and a deep love for the people in Canada.

Little by little we are getting things ready for our little girl to come. Our crib came earlier than expected (which I was happy about) so we put it together to make sure there were no broken pieces or any other problems. We actually found a small split in the wood of the headboard. We called up the store and asked if we could get a replacement. Luckily, they had another one in the store, we exchanged it, brought it home, and finished setting it up.

Here is Joe being a little handyman and putting the crib together.


And the final product--well, the rest of the crib things are still on its way!

A little back-tracking for a moment: Back in the end of April/beginning of May, I decided to chop my hair and donate it to Locks-of-Love. I have always had long hair and the last time my mom cut my hair short (shoulder length), I cried. Well the above picture is probably the longest my hair has ever been and the picture below is after I donated it and was now the shortest that I had ever had before. It was a very drastic change for me and had it not been for a good cause, I would have cried. I did not like it for a while, but I think now that it has grown back a little, I am starting to be okay with it and like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy MOTHER! You can really MOVE! I can't believe you were brave enough to throw on shoes like that with that big of a belly Tena! Thanks for the video.....it was insipiring. ;)