Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Major Update

I want to first apologize for my lengthy disappearance. My posts have been pretty sparse. Let me try to explain what has been going on in our lives these past few months and maybe you'll understand and just maybe cut me some slack. We've been doing a lot of work but also a lot of playing I will admit. First obstacle has been that we've been without the internet in our home since mid June until now. Of course there were places we could access essential information we needed but to sit down, blog, and update was not the ideal situation.

Anyway, first line of business I wanted to share is that we are expecting a baby boy in Oct! We'd been trying to keep it a secret from Joe's family for a while so I didn't want to slip and say anything online that would leak out to them. But now they know and so I can share that exciting new with anyone else wondering or didn't know yet. Sorry to keep you in the dark for so long.
Second line of business is that we moved to Washington State! We've been living in Houston for the past 2 years and have now come back closer to family; although, we deeply miss our dear friends in Texas (but I don't miss the weather right now being 7 months pregnant). We didn't expect the move quite so soon but a job was offered and felt we needed to take advantage of the situation. So leaving a place we may never be able to come back to, we had to take the opportunity to see everything we could before we left including a trip to SeaWorld in San Antonio.

It was a long one day trip, but it was sure fun!


Our New Home!

(front)
(back)

I'll have to update you more on our move and the new house next time--hopefully in the near future.

5 comments:

Sare said...

wow, that was a LOT of info to digest, but congrats on everything! I should have KNOWN you were up to something- you were too quiet to be living a dull existence. :)

*Aliese* said...

Aw, congrats on your upcoming baby; that's so wonderful. And yay for your move. I pretty much love Washington. :)

Brianne said...

Congrats Tena! I'm so happy for you guys and your new addition coming soon! Where in Washington state have you moved to? We should be moving up to that neck of the woods in about a year and I am super excited for that!

Nikki said...

happy baby! Let's hope he's born on the 3rd, then we would be the best of friends. I bet you're loving being close to family. Sure thing you're great!

Kira said...

Looks like you've got a nice big backyard there for the kids! I hope you are feeling well, I can't believe you are 7 months preggers already!!