We spent a few days in Orlando visiting Disneyworld and the Animal Kingdom. Brooklyn loved every minute of the parades, musicals, rides, etc. More than anything else she loved the parades, except for when the charachters came right up to her. As long as they kept their distance, she had a blast.
This was our cold breakfast break on our way to Orlando. We made it from Texas to Florida before we even had breakfast. Joe drove through the night so we could make good time while Brooklyn and I slept (it was a pretty short drive for those sleeping).
This is what I found after I came out of the shower about 6pm. We all had a good night sleep!
Swimming at the hotel. The water was nice and warm.
DISNEYWORLD!!! 
We figured this picture would have to suffice for the Dumbo ride. Although I wasn't willing to wait 1 1/2 hours to take Brooklyn on the Dumbo ride, we did wait 45 min. to go on "It's a small World." Below is a picture of how much Brooklyn saw of that ride.

Watching cartoons in the hotel.

Finally meeting Minnie Mouse!
Brooklyn was so giggly happy it made me wish we had spent more time seeing the characters.
After Orlando we drove down to Miami to quickly visit Joe's mission. We visited the mission home, office, a few old apartments and tried to track down some old friends. He was able to find one familiy at the end fo the day but unfortunately both the parents were still at work. Even though he wasn't able to find many people it was really fun to go back and see where he served his mission. Just seeing a few streets help to make his stories come to life. Here's a picture of the mission home.

The last couple days of our trip were spent at Daytona Beach. It was awesome to wake up and be right on the ocean. Unfortunately, the water was too cold to get in, but we all had a great time playing together on the beach. Here's the view from our hotel room patio.

It was a really fast but fun trip.
4 comments:
That trip looks and sounds really fun. (Except for the traveling all night part!) The picture of Joseph and Brooklyn sleeping was cute. The travel there looks like it wiped them out. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We love you all very much.
Love,
Dad and Mom
How fun! I think Disneyworld would be a great vacation :)
Brooklyn's excitement meeting Minnie Mouse is adorable! I love that kids make the Disney experience even better. :) Looks like loads of fun!
Ahh! I can't believe how big she's getting! I'd LOVE to go to Disneyworld someday- how fun!
Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment